We’re a little more than a week away from our must-attend AAVEA 2019 conference, to be held at the Radisson RED Hotel in Cape Town on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August 2019, so here are our top 5 tips for making the most of your conference experience:
- Get into the AAVEA mood by joining our behind-the-scenes pre-conference tour: we’re hosting an extra special behind-the-scenes tour on Tuesday 20 August 2019, the night before the conference. Join us and get to know some of your fellow participants while enjoying a peek behind the curtain of what makes the V&A Waterfront’s top attractions tick! Book your spot when completing your conference registration
- Arrive early: the conference festivities will kick off at 9am sharp so bear the Capetonian early morning traffic in mind if you’re a local or an out-of-town participant not staying at Radisson RED. We don’t want you to miss out on any of the fun!
- Charge those phone batteries and get social: our conference is going to be a trendsetting event on social media so charge those phone batteries and get posting! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and remember to use the hashtags #AAVEA2019 and #Attractions19. We’ll have some prizes up for grabs for the best and most creative social media posts.
- Network, network, network: bring along your business cards because there will be plenty of opportunities to network with your industry peers at our refreshment breaks, lunches and conference social. Still a bit shy? Read all about our board member Craig Allenby‘s experience of making friends at the conference.
- Speak up: the AAVEA conference is the largest and only gathering of the attractions and visitor experiences industry in Africa annually and this event is YOUR opportunity to share your concerns, your ideas, your solutions and more with your peers and change-makers so speak up by contributing to discussions and asking questions. We want to hear from you!
We cannot wait to see you at the AAVEA 2019 conference!